You can make a difference.
Giving Food, Clothing, and Hygiene Items – Updated 5/15/2020
Due to COVID-19, we are not currently accepting many of the in-kind donations we normally take. Please hold on to items not specifically requested until this health crisis ends – or reach out to a staff member and ask, if you think an item you have might classify as an urgent need. Thank you for understanding!
Please download this informational PDF if you are interested in making an in-kind donation, or running a donation drive within your networks. You are welcome to share it with your friends, neighbors, clubs, or congregations.
Please do not bring items to CSC to drop off unless you’ve pre-arranged to do so. We can arrange pick-ups, or an appointment time! If you are part of a group and able to coordinate to have all the items left on one person’s porch, or arrange to have one person deliver all the donations at once, this makes our work easier. Please contact Krista Harper at email@example.com, or (503) 927-0582 to make donation arrangements, or if you have any questions about any kind of donation.
For donations in the future, keep this in mind:
Have extra time right now to spring clean and want to set some things aside for us to drop off when we’re back to normal? Fantastic! Here’s our usual in-kind donation information:
We gratefully accept:
- Commercially prepared, sealed, current date foods (no home-cooked please!)
- New or gently used clothing and linens
- Small or commonly used housewares (dishes, utensils, cookware, pots & pans, etc)
- Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, razors, etc.)
- Pet items (food, leashes, crates, toys, cat litter)
- Do not dump items outside our building or fenceline. Frequently, these items are ruined by rain or animals by the time we find them. They are almost always thrown away. We cannot give out items with an unknown history!
- If you need to bring a donation outside of our usual donation hours, please make arrangements with a staff member.
- Do not bring large toys, damaged items, or large housewares.
- If you are bringing a large donation, give us a heads up! We have limited storage space, please give us a chance to check that we have room.
Questions? Call or email us: 503-771-7914, or firstname.lastname@example.org